Quest, Instance and Class notes

Second Group in Karazhan

Goto page 1, 2  Next
I know we tried this with ZG, and I really don't see this happening for a few weeks, I think as a guild we need to sacrifice and work together to clear the whole thing first. I think this can be obtained with in a few weeks.

I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this, I don't want the current 15 or so people who are clearing it to be the only ones working on it. And I don't want the 15 or so people clearing it have to sit out every night to make room for the newest person attuned.

The ideal solution would be to have another group start up and work on it, but I think we can do it better if we slowly do that, less learning curve. Plus we are going to need more tanks and healers attuned to even think about 2 groups.

I think we have done a good job at rotating people in, but I think it could be better.

This instance is not very easy, and it has a steep learning curve. So not all switch outs are equal and can really hold the group back at times when you lose a geared out character to a less geared and less experienced one. However I can already tell that this is going to matter very little in coming weeks as the main group that has been running it becomes more geared, we will be able to make the hard switch outs and still do most of the bosses.

Palidins are going to help alot in the tank/healer problem I think.
Makes sense. I mean it's only a 10 man so I think that even a 3rd group isn't out of the question (even though that's a little bit off).

Anyhow, I'm 100% ready to go.
I second Oss' sentiments.
There is two paths we can take though, forming a new group and letting them run solo, learning the fights on their own.

Or continue as is, and eventually get to a point where its all on farm status when we switch out just about anyone, then split into two groups lessoning the learning curve for a new group.

Class balance is the hardest thing. We on a normal basis save quit a few people just to the one instance.

Edrick, Jahmia, Zaosina, Melis, Recros, Rolan, Evis, Kwahirn, Tenderisor, Najilen, Aberene, Nuggiez, Urchak, Electro, Cronus, Evin, Duis, Razorz, Soulfiend, Furi, Mentat, Bjorken, Goby, Deww, Gorag, Zaosin have all run in our instances. I probably missed someone but you get the point.

Thats 27 people for a fully functional group. Keep that in mind, yes we could probably switch over a few people where we have good attendance in that class. But I think each group would need to have a balance of class and people that will show more than 4 nights.

Priest
Edrick, Jahmia, Zaosina, Melis, and Recros Priest
(Melis only plays weekends, Recros plays when Melis isn't available, and Zaosina isn't really on most days)

Cloe and a few others need to get attuned, none of them are real full time players. So to be serious about a second group we would need 2 full time priest min for that group that show for atleast %80 raids.

Warriors
Evis, Kwahrn, Milkbladez, Tenderisor, Najilin, Goewen, and Sosso are attuned
We spec Tend and Naj resto just about as much as we use them as tanks, Kwahrn is running pally and filling in when evis is out, Sosso hasn't run yet, and Milkbladez is naked after being hacked

So we would need to gear out Goewen a bit more and figure out one to two more tanks for the second group.

Hunter - No problem
Warlocks - No Problem
Druids - you would need atleast 2 more full time druids
Rogues - we have two attuned, so you would need 2 more for the second group
Mages - Bjorken, Furi, and Mentat are attuned, you would need 2 full time mages for the other group

Pallies - not known But we should have 4 very soon
A couple of thoughts:

- do we really need 2 prot tanks or would it be better to run with 1 prot tank and a dps warrior/feral druid as the backup tank? DPS seems to be king in most of the encounters as long as you don't overburden the healers.

You left us poor shaman off your list so:
- I think an enhancement shaman would be a viable sub for a rogue in the DPS slot (since we have a bunch of shaman). Unleashed rage was fixed in the last patch, so they should be better at agro control (unleashed rage was generating a ton of hate on every proc). And bloodlust is the i.win button until Blizzard nerfs it. Granted, these shaman would need very good gear (70+dps weapons/1000+AP) and be smart enough to manage agro to pull this off.

- We might want to run with elemental shaman in the 4th healer spot so they can DPS for the most part and heal through the "dicey" fights (like late in the Moroes fight when the garrotes start stacking or the start of the horseman fight). They'd also give the mages/locks/themselves another +101 spell damage & +34mana/5, so it's basically like flasking up your casters all the time.

- resto pallies will be nice.... although they will put me out of a job 8^(. They sound extremely mana efficient. I think your ideal healing group will be a resto pally, tree druid and a holy/disc priest for Karazhan.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Well, I don't really give a fuck what we do as far as groups go. I've stopped playing because I can't get a group in under 5 hours of standing around with my own cock in my mouth to get anything related to Kharazan done. I've made some rep grinds, but I can do that in between anything. Anyway, piss on it all is my thought. And yeah yeah yeah, don't log in, can't be on for 9 hours, it's all true, still how I feel. whydfml

-Tiquor

I think starting another group would be great for those of us who don't get an invite to the current group. As far as getting it done after the instance is on farm status? I think the best part of any instance is learning the fights, makes it a hell of a lot less boring. Either way you look at it, forming group 2 after farm or before, those who don't run it with the "main" group will always be learning the fight. And wether you do it now or later (group 1 or group 2), those you dub "undergeared" will always be just that till you decide to get them into Karazhan. I also feel as though certain classes aren't switched out enough to give others just as capable a shot. I personally would love to get in there. I didn't go through the attunement and countless Black morass runs to sit on the sidelines, I want to run it but that's almost impossible. Pretty sucky imo.

Also i'm on pretty much everynight before the group forms. So nothing can be said about my lack of raiding time, just lack of invite.
My personal opinion is that Rolan is doing the rotation thing as much as he can. The other day I was available for Kara, and since it was a new instance, he had duis com in the lock slot "to get him in there". Of course I wanted to be in there, but accepted it as a way of getting more people involved. Now, on the other hand when the nights are to try bosses that haven't been done before, he said he has to make the best group possible to make attempts. I also believe this should be the way to go if we want to progress and keep the game interesting. There is a balance here and a difficult one at that. Someone is always not going to be happy.

Other then that Rolan I have that priest friend who would like to know if we are accepting applications or not. I was under the assumption that we needed priests, but maybe I'm wrong. I think he would be a good addition, i know he plays every day, has all the keys, and has +1300 in healing gear. Please let me know what I should tell him. Ohh and he mentioned he will bring a druid friend with too.

pk
yes, we are accepting priests and druids!! Happy

GLStephen wrote:
Well, I don't really give a fuck what we do as far as groups go. I've stopped playing because I can't get a group in under 5 hours of standing around with my own cock in my mouth to get anything related to Kharazan done. I've made some rep grinds, but I can do that in between anything. Anyway, piss on it all is my thought. And yeah yeah yeah, don't log in, can't be on for 9 hours, it's all true, still how I feel. whydfml

-Tiquor

Bitter much, everyone had a hard time getting attuned Tiq. Everyone has a hard time getting groups together. Sometimes it takes me all day just to get one herioc mech going. I never ever get bitter and tell everyone to piss off due to it. Just the nature of the game right now.
pkdeath wrote:
My personal opinion is that Rolan is doing the rotation thing as much as he can. The other day I was available for Kara, and since it was a new instance, he had duis com in the lock slot "to get him in there". Of course I wanted to be in there, but accepted it as a way of getting more people involved. Now, on the other hand when the nights are to try bosses that haven't been done before, he said he has to make the best group possible to make attempts. I also believe this should be the way to go if we want to progress and keep the game interesting. There is a balance here and a difficult one at that. Someone is always not going to be happy.

Other then that Rolan I have that priest friend who would like to know if we are accepting applications or not. I was under the assumption that we needed priests, but maybe I'm wrong. I think he would be a good addition, i know he plays every day, has all the keys, and has +1300 in healing gear. Please let me know what I should tell him. Ohh and he mentioned he will bring a druid friend with too.

pk

Accepted
Rimundi wrote:
I think starting another group would be great for those of us who don't get an invite to the current group. As far as getting it done after the instance is on farm status? I think the best part of any instance is learning the fights, makes it a hell of a lot less boring. Either way you look at it, forming group 2 after farm or before, those who don't run it with the "main" group will always be learning the fight. And wether you do it now or later (group 1 or group 2), those you dub "undergeared" will always be just that till you decide to get them into Karazhan. I also feel as though certain classes aren't switched out enough to give others just as capable a shot. I personally would love to get in there. I didn't go through the attunement and countless Black morass runs to sit on the sidelines, I want to run it but that's almost impossible. Pretty sucky imo.

Also i'm on pretty much everynight before the group forms. So nothing can be said about my lack of raiding time, just lack of invite.

Well, we have a shortage of tanks and priest. We have to many hunters and locks. We only have 4 locks attuned and we have 7 hunters attuned. So your rotation is going to be a bit longer. Electro sat out about a week before I got him in. Nuggiez is our number one dps, so I usually try to get him on new bosses.

I used two hunters for curator though, and during that time I tried to use the same to hunters every time. The reason, they were number 1 and number 2 dps every single time we tried him. It took us 10 hours of whiping over and over and over to kill the guy. So I had less rotation for that. Next tuesday feel free to message me to get an invite for the easy bosses. I see you on alts if I see you at all, so I don't know if you are ready to go or not. I don't always check alts when doing invites.
The only thing I suggest is maybe we should just go for it.

At the min, the second group could kill the first 4 bosses easy.

Lets try to put a group together, see what people need for attunements. And go for it.
Rolan wrote:
GLStephen wrote:

-Tiquor

Bitter much, everyone had a hard time getting attuned Tiq. Everyone has a hard time getting groups together. Sometimes it takes me all day just to get one herioc mech going. I never ever get bitter and tell everyone to piss off due to it. Just the nature of the game right now.

Yeah, well I'll get over it. This is just my cry for help. Woe is me.

p.s. I never told anyone to piss off. I said 'piss on it' meaning the bullshit of trying to find a group. I wouldn't tell the guild or the people, in general, to piss off.

Ah, sorry misunderstood then.

I really do feel everyones pain, but at the same time I really don't want to fall back to the old recruit a bunch of noobs strategy to fix the problem.

I do agree more priest, druids, and tanks will help. But lets be very selective on who we pick and who we eventually keep. Yes we can blindly recruit a few, but at the first sine of jack assery, kick em.

Plus there are some up and coming people in all those classes. They may not be the most active players, but they are people we all know and love.

Bandaid and Cloe are back and I see them on pretty regularly. There are some new warriors, Goewen and Life's warrior. Not sure on anyones schedule so it could be hard to do time zone differences to find the right group.

Back on point, two karazhan groups will help shore up those nights where its hard to find a group, but it will make it even harder for the 10 or so people left out. So you think its hard now, if we get two karazhan groups going its going to be even harder.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em