General Game Discussion

Age of Conan Beta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Do you have it downloaded yet? cause if you don't it is gonna take awhile.........
Just DL'd all 13+ gigs lastnight.

Any word on how broken and/or how much it sucks yet?

I can't play until the 17th.

Yuber wrote:

It has quite a few bugs...........Like Tiq said, nowhere near the Polish that WoW has. Lots of loading screens. Performance is still lacking even on my machine........mine can handle any game thrown at it. But thats just in the game.....I wish the interface was Mod-able. In my honest opinion, they should have taken the Mythic route, and delayed until completion. They are making a good choice on not releasing the XBOX360 version until middle of 09. Like i said in my earlier post, the game is beautiful......if you have a nice machine to handle it. Just being in the WAR beta and AOC beta, i know who is taking the time and who isn't. WAR will be polished like wow when it is released and AOC will be polished in about 6 months after release.

http://syncaine.wordpress.com/2008/05/15/funcom-to-aoc-players-gtfo/

Ohn, where did you get your client from? Fileplanet, Gamespot, or Funcom?
Funcom downloader.

Ohn wrote:
Funcom downloader.

Check your PM Ohn, I granted your Wish!
Yuber wrote:

Here Yuber, this guy sums it up oretty good.

http://www.keenandgraev.com/?p=1041

Hey Ohn, i resent you the U/P for the AOC account.......I mixed up my Closed beta account with the fileplanet account............
Thanks Kasto. Looks like my client is set to connect to the EA servers tomorrow. So I guess I have to wait until then. But thanks again for letting me try to see if it worked.

Wow, can this game patch anymore..........700meg patch here, 900 meg patch there, 500 meg patch here, 1 gig patch there.......never ends.......and this is all in the past 30 hours........
Woot for patches for an unreleased game! I guess they could just wait till it releases and release the fixes slowly over time, just so the pre-release people don't have to dowload them close together and the patch cycle doesn't interfere with anything. Hmm...

Downloading another patch now. Early access servers are supposed to be up now so I am going to see.

Must be alot of people doing the same. Getting VERY slow rates for a 5.32 mb file.

That 5meg file is an intro file to a 700meg file. GL.......I think they have patched more in the past 48 hours than wow has in its entire lifespan...........
Got everything. It appears my shitty video card isnt going to let it happen. I get to select a server and choose create character then as it loads into the character creation I get an error and it quits.

Woot! Is it another case of "You must drop $1K for a new computer in order to play our shit ass $50 game?"
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em