General Game Discussion

Age of Conan Beta

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ya, i am just frustrated with the game. Warhammer is 40x more stable than this game that is in open beta and being released in 15 days.
Kasto wrote:
being released in 15 days.

, yeah I'm a bit worried about that one. Though I haven't had a crash lately, but I've been trying to level up and get out of the early levels before I start really trying to screw stuff up. If they've got major issues at lvl 5 still, then I can't save the game from that one.

-Stephen

Your beta is 2 builds behind mine, i have open and closed beta........I primarily play on closed since i can lvl past 13. But i have friends on the open beta i mess around with.

Have you gotten the crashes that make you reboot your computer completely. I get them on the Closed beta, but not on the Open beta. Tells me they introduced failure into the game. LOL....... Combat is sweet....Biggest pet peeves are the load times.
I'm in the closed beta actually. ClosedBeta1. Yeah, the load times are a bit annoying. So far though, the game seems promising. I like the change in tone though. I like being cussed at. I think it's a change in tone that Warhammer could also have, since even with the silly "Boyz" shit Warhammer has a dark side. Though the chick who follows you at the start is pretty silly and annoying. She follows you around clapping and whooping. hahaah

So whats the final verdict? Fun? I am thinking of buying it to try the combat system. Let me know what you guys think of it now.

My opinion is that it is worth trying. The game has more adult themes. A creative combat system and overall has promise. It lacks some of the polish of WoW. I haven't been able to play as much as I would have liked though I'm going to get some more time tonight and tomorrow.

-Stephen

Well if I preorder tomorrow it says I can pay 3 days before release. So we will have to decide a server if anyone else will be playing. If noone else then I may just play on the straight up pvp server.

TiquorSJ wrote:
My opinion is that it is worth trying. The game has more adult themes. -Stephen

yea...how about that Pirates
I have to say PotBS looked like it'd suck to me. The land combat looked awful and all. AoC combat looks interesting.

Loading Screens Oh my..........
Eupha wrote:
TiquorSJ wrote:
My opinion is that it is worth trying. The game has more adult themes. -Stephen

yea...how about that Pirates

yeah, fuck you and the goat your rode in on Happy

I purchased it today. If it sucks oh well. $50 for 30 days to try it. Not much worse then buying a console game for $60 and only playing it a few days too.

Ohn wrote:
I purchased it today. If it sucks oh well. $50 for 30 days to try it. Not much worse then buying a console game for $60 and only playing it a few days too.

i would have saved your money and waited for a trial.....
, I guess we know where Kasto's allegiances lay Happy

Let us know how you like it Ohn. I'm probably going to pick up a copy and kick the tires after it releases.

-Stephen

Kasto got a beta name and pw you'd like to share so I could try it now? :P

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em