News

Burning Crusades - 10 Days

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Anyone wanna take bets on how many days/hours/weeks the servers are unplayable, much less down after the patch? I mean imagine the lag at the dark portal..

Any takers?
I think that the first day the game will be absolutely unplayable due to the servers being down. The second day will be plagued with constant server shutdowns, restarts, etc. The third day will be more of the same with horrible lag for at least 5-7 days after launch.

I encourage anyone who can get in to send gold to an alt when it looks like the server "could go any second". I'll keep an eye out for hacks/exploits during this launch.
...another reason not to get the expansion right when it comes out... :wink:

I have a feeling it will be a lot like when the AQ gates opened... except maybe a little less than twice as bad, since a lot of really old characters have come back to play.
We'll see... I've heard they will be doing something different with the event related to the Dark Portal... something to prevent player clumping.

Plus, our servers have gotten upgrades over time, we've made quite a bit of progress since initial release day, and even AQ opening.

They've been saying they've been learning from release day and the AQ fiasco... we'll see. :P
Oss wrote:
I encourage anyone who can get in to send gold to an alt when it looks like the server "could go any second". I'll keep an eye out for hacks/exploits during this launch.

I'm a member of basically all the forums that deal with wow hacks exploits, and from what I have seen lately blizzard has found a way of tracking any lag dupes and they are currently banning anyone who manages to pull it off. I know a few people who have lost and account because they used lag dupes in the last month or so....Id really not recommend it.

And as for the server down time, im going to put faith in blizzard and say other then maybe a rolling restart or two the servers are going to remain fairly stable. I do think that we are going to see a 1000+ line on nath and from what I have seen questing in the beta, since a lot of the quests are farming or gathering quests and everyone is going to be doing it at the same time. I think the instance servers will be less packed and just doing constant instance runs will prob get you further then questing.
Personally , I think after we unlock to be able to get xp again we should go do MC , then AQ , then BWL

I mean even with the xp nerf on raiding , I think it would pay out.

Who knows ? Anyone ?

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
I think MC and BWL will only give about 2xp per lvl 60. IF u do constant 5 mans out of hellfire citadel I was getting 4 bars an hour at lvl 61. I also think that is going to be very hard to get people to ever go to BWL or MC again once they see some of the 5 man gear from lvl 66+.
=/ I just hope the delaying and delaying and delaying of this release was worth it..
Zaosin wrote:
=/ I just hope the delaying and delaying and delaying of this release was worth it..

I would much rather a game be constantly delayed then to have it put out early and suck ass. Knowing blizzard im sure it will be kickass and get even better when some content patches hit.
Didn't they just release TBC patch yesterday? Wouldn't that mean if that is up then there should not be any maintenance downtime next week. So... unless there is such a huge influx of people playing because of the expansion, I doubt it will be down since it is currently running TBC patch.
I think they will have there regular Tuesday maintenance then with some luck it will be up for normal times and the fun can begin.
Didn't they test a new "maintenance on the fly" system a few weeks back around Christmas? I thought they were switching to a system like that so they don't have to have the ridiculously, retardedly long maintenance periods anymo'.
MMMMMM tarrin mill flashbacks from when they installed the pvp honor system...... :evil:
Yuber wrote:
Didn't they test a new "maintenance on the fly" system a few weeks back around Christmas? I thought they were switching to a system like that so they don't have to have the ridiculously, retardedly long maintenance periods anymo'.

Ya but if they do that with the Xpac they are retards and deserve to have all there servers crash..i can live with middle of the night downtime so i can play when I get home
damn your avatar cronus! I bet its a penis-cam covered in peanut butter. make that cat stop licking!!
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em