Public Registered Forum

Greetings from the SIN Council

Greetings,

I have stumbled across your website and wanted to check out your guild's history. I will also share a little history about the SIN I come from.

5 years ago when SWG was released we formed SIN to provide us with a means of protecting each other in our quest for Jedi. SIN was on the Shadowfire server and was home to most of the first Jedi unlocked. We dominated the server in Jedi population and it was a huge success. At one point we had over 300 members, this remained until the Combat Upgrade. Many left then and went to EQ2 and established SIN there. Many also left and went to WOW on the Hellscream EU server. We have also had a presence in Vanguard. I started our website 2 years ago as a means to keep in touch. not many of us left anymore as most have moved on into real life adventures otherwise known as children, wives, jobs, etc...

f the guild leader here would like to contact me about any future alliances my email is reiver@strength-in-numbers.com

We will be moving into Conan, hopefully, if they get it working proper that is.

Dark Lord Reiver Demon
Darkside Force Master
MLS/M.Def
Warlock - 70
Greets!

Funny enough, our guild has nearly the same story. Not long after the launch of SWG there were about 100 people showing up at the same evening raids (if you can call them that) on Endor. From there we commited the great...err....monkey spider thing...extinction...(I guess it wasn't so great). More or less we killed so many on such a consisten basis that the devs stopped them from spawning for about a year.

Anyhow, about 30 of us got together and formed SIN on the Intrepid server. Before and during the great Jedi grind, we became merchants. We were a guild of spawn drop grinders (like myself, if you needed an Ancient Krayt solo-ed, I was your man...pearls, crystals, poisons, tapes...me and people like me were your man) and all out StimPack and Poison/Disease merchants...we had more money than god up until WoW came out.

...then Jump to Lightspeed happened and we decided that SWG was a pile. So the 20 or so of us that were playing Jumped to WoW (Nathrezim Server, US). Here we have been ever since. We did all the fun WoW stuff up until last year, then there was some boredom, some drama, and now there is some more boredom. At full strenght we were at 200 members. Unfortunately we are a bit smaller now, but I blame the lull in the action.

We have members in several games out there, right now WoW, WAR Online Beta, and EvE Online seem to have the brunt of the member population.

Most of our memebers are over 25, we get along great, have plenty of drama and we are not quite sure how we feel about there being another SIN out there. BUT as they say, "You are unique, just like everyone else."

Drop by anytime! I am sure that Tiquor (our dearest friend and Site guy, would love to have a chat).

PS...ask him about Guild Launch, he seems to always have a lowdown on guild sites, mods, he's quite the computer guy.
You want to talk about a huge let down. After SOE F'd us on SWG my hopes rested with Vanguard to be the end all of awesomness. Then they sell the freaking game to SOE...bloody hell WTF were they thinking. Now a year after I left the game I activate to check it out. Same stuff is still broken, same exact issues on why I left.

I don't mind WOW but its too cartoonish for me. I guess I prefer sci-fi over fantasy. Not that I hate fantasy..I did my share of dungeon crawls in D&D.

With the consistent failure of games and people hopping from game to game, console to PC, I decided to make our website to try to hold the group together.

I created an online gaming community based on the principles of the guild. No matter what game you go to there will be friends to play with. Thats the concept. It is very hard to get the new guys into the family feeling of the guild. People see how well we get along and how loyal we follow each other and feel like outcasts.

I often try to think of another meaning for SIN because the "Numbers" part lost its meaning 3 years ago.

I decided to try to contact all the other SIN guilds out there. Each has their own niche in the gaming world and by networking we make the SIN element an even larger presence.

It would be difficult for different entities to communicate effectively en mass however Leaders having a meeting of the minds to discuss what their respective sect has been up to lately will help like interests come together.

For example COD4 is a new hype. FPS is more fun in a tactical environment. Anyone can be good at FPS but when those skills are deployed with tactics you become great. I have a military background and I also currently work in a tactical positions. Thats my bread and butter so I talk about it a lot.

My hopes are to establish effective lines of communication for the development of SIN. Yours and mine. People are drawn to organization. I think we can market SIN to the gaming world and start hosting some events. We respectively wont conflict given our server differences. That in a nutshell is long and short term goals.

As far as feelings towards another SIN guild we share some of the same thoughts. The point in creating a guild is to identify yourself as a unique entity. History has proven time and time again that when one group first discovers another group that is very similar but a little different they either combine for the better good or they fight to their extinction. If they had taken the time they could have discovered they had a lot in common

Stop by and say hello anytime http://www.strength-in-numbers.com/.
im cool
Kal! Where have you been?! How is school going?!
School is pretty good. Im a 2nd year at RIT majoring in electrical engineering. You guys still playing wow or have you moved onto a new game?

Also if anyone knows a good way to get a coop/internship this summer let me know :p
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em