US Servers
Blackbeard
Rackham
Morgan
Kidd
Antigua
Guadeloupe
Bonny

Any preference as to which server we will play PotBS on? Pre-Boarding Launch starts Monday! Happy

Are they all basically the same? Like is there one that's an RP server, or maybe different rules for PvP?

Rackham!

Alot of the testers say this game is being released too early.......................
Yeah I'm kinda concerned about it. It just surprises me that we're so close to release and had I not read about the game here, I still don't think I would've even heard of it at all. I guess it's supposed to be small market anyhow, but I just have this feeling it's going to get ripped. I have no basis for thinking that, just a feeling. Call it women's intuition.

As i always say, its not about the 8 million people that play across multiple servers to make it successful, it's how many people that fill a server to make it successful. Cause if the 1 server is lacking the population it isnt fun. But if it full or close to it, everything can be done as needed.
Yeah, I haven't seen any advertising at all for this game, not even on the gaming sites. Honestly, I haven't played it in a couple months, so I have no idea how it is forming up. I'm looking forward to jumping back into it though. The last revision I played seemed pretty solid at lower levels.

Also, I guess we need to decide faction (Pirate I thought, but I wanted to make sure - I have little desire to play multiple factions).

You kidding? mmorpg.com and fileplanet have been advertising like crazy......i seen a few others too....
I saw it advertised at GameStop.com, but I feel kinda the same way. I don't hear gamers talking about it. There isn't the same buzz that there was back before WoW came out and like there is for WAR right now. It may end up being a great game, I hope it does, but I just don't hear a lot of people being excited about it.

I played the open Beta some and it seems fairly solid. it might have some quirks, but in many ways it seems nicely polished. We'll see. It's definitely not going to be a mega blockbuster out of the gate, but if done right they could grow and grow and do well.

-Stephen

Ok, since no one responded, we are on Antigua and I have created a society called Strength in Numbers. Whisper Phoenicia Grammox to get an invite! Happy

So far the game is a huge improvement over the last beta rev I played Happy

Hey fucker, I said Rackham in my first post!

Yuber wrote:
Hey fucker, I said Rackham in my first post!

Oh, I must have had my Yuber Ignore filter set to maximum...

LOL! S'ok. I'm used to it.

So did anyone else pre order it?

So if I run out and buy it, am I guaranteed at least a few months of playing with people or will everyone quit a week or so later?

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em