News

Character Profiler!

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Guild Launch has released Version 1.5 of the site today. Along with upgrading the character profiler to Beta status.

You can now *create* and *update* your character info on the site from our mod. You can get all your information into your character like this:

http://www.theguildsin.com/users/characters/character_detail.php?char=36

So, go use the mod, and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Stephen F. Johnston on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

alrighty so im a total newb at this. How do I get this to work tiq? Like load items etc. into my profile.
When I try to upload my .lua I get the following error.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in d:\gl\mainsite\guild\users\characters\profiler\profiler_import.php on line 332
Orenishii wrote:
alrighty so im a total newb at this. How do I get this to work tiq? Like load items etc. into my profile.

Load the mod like any other. If you want your crafting items open a crafting window, if you want your bank, open and close your bank. If you wnat hunter pets open and close your stable.

Then log out or type "/console reloadui"

then go to your User Page, click on characters, scroll to the bottom and follow directions.

Ohn wrote:
When I try to upload my .lua I get the following error.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in d:\gl\mainsite\guild\users\characters\profiler\profiler_import.php on line 332

Did you get the updated version of the mod? Did you download it today? I just checked the data, and your mod is old. Delete the saved variables, load the new mod, and then it should work. I'm adding in the version check as we speak.

Will do
Woot! Got it working. Sweet stuff Tiq.
Ok I did it and a few issues:

Almost all of my equipped stuff on Aberene comes up as unknown, not sure why since most of it is Stormrage.

The crafting page is incomplete and a jumble of my Tailoring, Cooking, and FA patterns. For example I can make a few purple items and none of them show up on the list.

You set an option to update the bank section, but updating the same option to update the bag section would be nice. While I don't care what people see that I am carrying or have in my bank, some may not want this information displayed. Is there any way to remove the info once uploaded?

Otherwise, the only other thing I noticed was that you actually have to open each crafting window and your bank to get all the information uploaded. Without opening everything the upload is incomplete. Great job on this whole feature set Tiq!

EDIT: Now my character equipped items are showing up correctly. Not sure what happened there.

Now when I try to upload Lovak I get:

There is one or more problems with your entry.
This functionality requires version 00.06.06BETA of our profiler mod. It can be downloaded in the support area.

I went and re-downloaded the mod from the site and still get that error.

Aberene wrote:
Now when I try to upload Lovak I get:

There is one or more problems with your entry.
This functionality requires version 00.06.06BETA of our profiler mod. It can be downloaded in the support area.

I went and re-downloaded the mod from the site and still get that error.

This is fixed.

Aberene wrote:
Ok I did it and a few issues:

Almost all of my equipped stuff on Aberene comes up as unknown, not sure why since most of it is Stormrage.

It's not really unknown, it just means its not in our cache. If you click the item, it caches it. I've been running around clicking eveyone's stuff to build the cache. Happy

Aberene wrote:

The crafting page is incomplete and a jumble of my Tailoring, Cooking, and FA patterns. For example I can make a few purple items and none of them show up on the list.

Yeah, its a jumble right now. We wanted to release the feature even without a lot of prettying up on that page. Can you tell me the names of the missing items?

Aberene wrote:

You set an option to update the bank section, but updating the same option to update the bag section would be nice. While I don't care what people see that I am carrying or have in my bank, some may not want this information displayed. Is there any way to remove the info once uploaded?

Otherwise, the only other thing I noticed was that you actually have to open each crafting window and your bank to get all the information uploaded. Without opening everything the upload is incomplete. Great job on this whole feature set Tiq!

EDIT: Now my character equipped items are showing up correctly. Not sure what happened there.

Deleting bank items can be done through a convoluted method. We'll look at streamlining it.

Open each crafting window and your bank is a requirement of Blizzard. Yeah it sucks, but blame them.

do you have a link to the newer mod?
Click home in the upper left under main menu. Then the link is on the left.

Yep, works now thanks! Happy

A couple things...

The main backpack does not seem to come up with the bags...

And it seems my bank has so much shit, it's not all loading either, at least for the main space.

Perhaps functionality in the future to include enchants and sockets onto equipped and bag gear? Perhaps multiple gear sets?

However it's quite nice so far, works nicely.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em