Pirates of the Burning Sea

Who's gonna play?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
I'm interested in Pirates of the Burning sea and I know several otehrs are as well. So to start off, who'e interested in PotBS? Before release, what faction/class is everyone thinking of playing? You can find out more by going to http://www.burningsea.com/. I'm thinking Pirate and either adventurer or combatant.

I don't see much info about classes or factions at the site. I remember looking once before and I couldn't find it.

But can we be French plz? :D

pirate, adventurer

Mike, you can find some info in the FAQ about factions and classes. It's pretty much English, Spanish, French and Pirate with Dutch as NPCs and the classes are along the lines of combatant, adventurer, trader and one other i can't remember.

I might go trader, but who knows, not enough info

Well can we be French Pirates? .

I'll prolly do whatever. I do not feel like making any decisions and only wish to be a follower. Like that's any different from normal...

Quote:
I'll prolly do whatever. I do not feel like making any decisions and only wish to be a follower. Like that's any different from normal...

But we like when you follow, that means you're in the rear!

Mike, you can't be a French Pirate only one or the other. For purposes of the game if you're a pirate your nationality doesn't really matter and if you're French then you're sailing in service of the French crown. Now I'm sure you can RP allegience to a particular nation. JD and I have even discussed going English/Pirate if you can have multi-national guilds.

On that note, if we decide not to go pirate, I strongly encourage going English. After decades of decimating the carribean in just about every pirates game ever realeased, the English just had the best positioning. And I'm hoping that Port Royal will be one of the static English ports in game.

Aberene wrote:

Hopefully you can be one of my crewmen! I'll make you swab the deck and walk the plank if you backtalk me, . And I will absolutely forbid you from speccing resto.

English would be cool. I could have a French alt maybe. Maybe the French will have a special, like, nationality bonus that would make them more beneficial, though. Keep us posted!

I'm thinking adventurer - english of course. But depending on the game mechanics I'll go with the guild flow.
Yuber wrote:
Maybe the French will have a special, like, nationality bonus that would make them more beneficial, though.

We can all bahave like rude arrogant pigs and be perfectly in character!
Yuber wrote:
And I will absolutely forbid you from speccing resto.

ROFL!

Trust me, I will not be a healer-type character for awhile.

I don't think there are any healer types in PoTBS. Seems the game holds true to the realism of the time period with some supernatural lore thrown in for those who seek it (for instance, if you hear rumors of a ghost ship you can ignore them and stay true to the realism or take the quest to go find it). So I'd expect healing to come in the form of herbalism and first aid you primarily apply to yourself.

I'm currious about the relationship aspect of the game. I've read a little about being able to make long lasting NPC friendships and even romances. Should add some interesting elements to the game.

Im bout to give up on WoW. I see no point in grinding to 70 if there'll be no one to hang with.

So a change of scenery would be nice. In fact, I think the entire guild needs a change of scenery and fresh start. I will join you guys when the game comes out. But like most poor people, I have to pick only one game.

How is everyone doing btw? I'm gettin remarried and going back to school for 2nd degree.

Apo
Wookie extraordinarre.
Well, I might be back on here and there to see whats up, but I've lost interest as of now and too dang busy with RL to play.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em