Pirates of the Burning Sea

So... how's Pirates going guys?

Was thinking about this the other day......have they done anything to the game since i hooked ya up with accounts?
Thank you so much for the opportunity to play it but I can no longer run the game. My desktop has shit the bed and I have been running stuff off of my wife's laptop. Unfortunately it's not a $4K machine. Thus, I can't blow away all the minimum requirements.

Thank you, but I just can't play it.

On a side note.

When the fuck will these fucking designers realize that most players don't care how fucking realistic the water looks when the GAME ITSELF is a pile of SHIT!! Not to say the PoBS is a shitty game, just that many designers, especially SOE, puts way to much emphasis on the look, when they should conceptualize their games a little better.

Looks to me like everyone wants to be WoW, but now one is really paying attention to what it was that Blizzard did. Keep in mind that it took a fanatic video game player to create a solid game, not a bunch of businessmen and sociopathic programmers to make a solid title.

Fucking asshats I swear! Who gives a flip flying fuck what your game looks like when each port looks identical "To the T" to the last, and that you have nerfed the players ability to create a player economy ot the point where they cannot create said economy.

Thanks again for the opportunity. I'm done with SOE.
SOE didnt make the game, they had no involement in developing it. They are just distibuting it. As a person involved in the gaming community i can tell you that alot of the top names arent responsible its the crappy studio's they take under there wing.

Example, EA was the distributor for Earth and Beyond, the company developing it couldn't hold the game up to save there lives, who got the blame, EA. Now EA makes all the EA sports games and guess what they are a hit.

Yes these big companies are developers as well as distibutors, Sony developed SW:G but only distibuted Vanguard (Just recently took control of it).

I understand your stand on the situation Oss after the SW:G Failure, but just relize who is actually developing it vs who is making it's box and putting it in your hands.

Although, Blizzard North created Diablo....Not Blizzard.... Those guys quit and created flagship studio's to make Hellgate: London cause the parent company was messing with the flow. Imagine that Blizzard fucking a good thing up.....

Now here is somethign interesting. When EA bought Mythic, the CEO of mythic became VP of EA. Now People say EA is going to Screw war up but don't relize in there contract everything must be ran thought Gamesworkshop for approval. And since he is VP now of EA, why would he let EA screw up the Company he worked so hard to build...
SOE doesn't make alot of the games their name is on. They have enough money to take risks on games and some, ok alot, of them flop. There are only so many Class A mega games that can be out there though. In the case of Pirates it is very very clear that, at the current time, SOE has nothing to do with the game design or play. I'm not sure what clawbacks they have like they did with Vanguard, but if the game is successful as it stands I'm fairly confident that SOE will stay hands off.

-Stephen

I really like the game. Unfortunately with school and work I have had VERY little time to actually play it. I have a little break coming up this weekend and next, so I plan to put some more time into it.

Wish I had a beta invite (bastards ;) )

Hmmm, i will see what i can do for ya Netgrue.............I got Oss and Yuber Beta....... I been on the Canary Islands for the past week so out of the loop....
Actually Yuber gave me the hookup <smooches>, now if I could only get into the damn game! There's a major stress test going on and I've either been stuck in queue for two hours or the servers were down altogether. I did get to character creation once and it was sexy, but they brought the server down before I could finish. Of course I'd been on character creation for over a half hour at that point . Hopefully I'll have more luck this week.

They're taking pre-orders on October 23rd. I'll be putting my order in tho I'm not really sure with who. I remember Sony totally fucked people on pre-orders for SWG so I'm hesitant to go through them. Any suggestions?

Don't sweat it too much bro. The stress test is only going through Monday morning at 10am, at which point they will be likely changing back to the original servers and/or wiping characters. Also keep in mind that there are "tailor" npcs in the game that allow you to change your character's appearance at your convenience if you don't like something or want to change colors.

I did get in for a couple minutes last night. Right off the bat I ran into a nasty graphical error though. I get this horrible can't see shit fish eye effect when looking in certain directions. I'll update my video drivers tonight and see if that helps any. Though I am considering going to vista and DX10.

Only go vista if you have too..........it is far from being a gamers OS!
Aberene wrote:
Don't sweat it too much bro. The stress test is only going through Monday morning at 10am, at which point they will be likely changing back to the original servers and/or wiping characters. Also keep in mind that there are "tailor" npcs in the game that allow you to change your character's appearance at your convenience if you don't like something or want to change colors.

I think I did it eight times in one day once.

I wasn't able to play. The original beta didn't work on my computer and I simply did not have time to play in the open beta.

Any feedback?
This game, like Eve, will attract the more strategic older crowd imo. Unlike wow, which is out for anybody with 15 bucks.
Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em