WoW General

Anyone remember server stability at TBC launch?

So I kinda want to get WOTLK at the midnight opening of GameStop, but I HATE waiting in line for shit. It's gonna be cold, nerd central and I don't have any friends dorky enough to stand in line with me. My question is, does anyone remember how stable the servers were after TBC launch at midnight? Is there even any point to getting it at midnight if you won't be able to play until the next morning/afternoon?

I called GameStop and fed them a line about having to work until midnight in the Valley about 20 minutes away, and he basically said tough titties, get someone to wait in line for you. I was hoping I could stroll in at 12:15 and avoid the 300 lb. costumed Blood Elf paladins waiting in line, but I'm sure they've heard my bullshit story before. :P

I remember lots of Lag, and a few down times through out the day, but nothing game breaking. It was actually smoother than the original launch, so i hear on that one. I didn't continue into WOW after my beta account was up until a few months into the game.
It won't be perfect, but for the most part it's already on the server. It's just the new zone... which everyone rushes to and it gets laggy. It *should* be fairly smooth, but I don't it will be blemish free.

Either way... guess what... you can wait a day if your ego can't stand being in line for it.

-Stephen

Oh I was just kidding about the line thing. It wasn't bad at all, I did it for TBC. It's not the people I hate, it's the waiting and especially if no one will do it with me, .

Part of what might complicate things this time around is that they've been having database issues recently. The servers were down almost the whole day yesterday and are down again right now. Not totally sure what's going on.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em