General Game Discussion

Star Wars: TFU - Anyone get it?

Both PS3 and MS have put up the demo for The Force Unleashed, so go download it! I just played it and it's awesome. It looks like Star Wars, feels like Star Wars, and the Force powers are very cool. I love throwing stormtroopers and stuff. Try it!

Last edited by Yuber on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

I downloaded this after I saw your post. This game pretty much kicks ass. The only problem is it makes you wonder why the Jedi weren't always doing this short of shit... it's cool though.

My son was playing and he force pushed some Storm Trooper across the room and the guy slammed into a door and knocked it open. He's been talking about it ever since.

I remember hearing the devs talk about the game and how it's kind of meant to be amplified to crazier levels, sort of like what you would have if there was no real limit to how much stuff you could affect with the Force. I think the "unleashed" part of the title is more than just a name, I think it was chosen to kind of represent how you can just go nuts with it. But yeah, it definitely makes some of the stuff in the movies look restrained.

I have a feeling there are gonna be a lot of moments like the one your son liked. You probably noticed, but in that one part where you're walking along the path and the TIE fighters are shooting at you, you can bend back the supports on the left side and move them into the path of the TIEs so they'll crash and burn when they hit it. They've been saying this is the really kickass Star Wars game that we've been waiting for, and I think they're right.

Anyone end up picking this baby up?

I love it so far. The Force powers are really fun, and it's cool to figure out all the different ways you can kill people. It's pretty much the highlight of the game. Great looking game, too.

The reviews have been cautious. I guess there are some glitches here and there, some worse than others. The AI was really wonky in the first level, but straightened out after for the most part. Boss battles kinda suck. The two I've done so far were too long and they're open-ended in terms of how they go. Like in Zelda or Mario or God of War and shit like that, you can usually see a pattern and figure out what you're supposed to do. Here it's more like, "Eh, do whatever and kill him."

I'll be getting this soon when some discretionary spending money frees up. ;)

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em