Public Registered Forum

F'ed up my comp.

So earlier tonight, My computer reset and It was able to boot up but nothing was being sent to the LCD monitor, i Looked up some error codes and it recommended i reset the CMOS, So turned off the PSU, took out the battery and did it.

Now im getting hung up on the ABIT screen and a new error 62 and that means....

"Okay to enter Setup utility; i.e. not until this POST stage can users enter the CMOS setup utility"

WTH does that mean?

bad memory?

halp please ='(
Hmm. Before you opened it up, did you reset it a few times and still fail to get a picture? I would immediately think bad graphics card, but that wouldn't screw up your system settings that way if that were the case.

Motherboard, maybe?

I'd start with the motherboard. I've never been a fan of ABIT. How long did you leave the battery out? Did you unplug the PSU? And I'm just curious where you read to reset the CMOS for an LCD that wasn't getting a signal?!

Sounds like a video card issue. Does it have an onboard graphics card? maybe try using that, or sticking an old card in it? Maybe you don't have old hardware just laying around like I do. I don't know.

For future reference, try alot of other simpler things before resetting your CMOS. Things like unplugging your graphics card, airing out the connectors and reseating it. Sometimes that is all it takes. Not most of the time, but if that's all it takes it's very low risk.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em