Public Registered Forum

Racing greats Mick Fitzgerald, Paul Nicholls and Sam Thomas

Mick Fitzgerald has paid tribute to Paul Barber following his death at the age of 80, describing his Cheltenham Gold Cup victory aboard the leading owner's See More Business as "one of my proudest days in the saddle".

The landlord of 14-time champion trainer Paul Nicholls, Barber was a passionate supporter of jumps racing and enjoyed numerous big-race successes, both in his own name or in partnership with others.

The Nicholls-trained duo See More Business and Denman both landed Cheltenham Gold Cup glory for Barber, while in recent years, he was a joint-owner of dual King George VI Chase hero Clan Des Obeaux.

Barber was also known for the family's dairy and cheese production business, but it was See More Business who took him to the pinnacle of National Hunt racing in 1999 when Fitzgerald steered the first real staying star of Nicholls' Ditcheat operation to a one-length success over Go Ballistic.

Sports is not only news interest in local rumors about the contracts of top players. I like to use sports as an active hobby for income - https://melbet001.com/ I'm sure I'm not the only one because there are so many football bets during the season. Go to the site and see everything with your own eyes.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em