WoW General

Fuck Blizzard, and fuck the plague!

So for anyone who hasn't been in WoW for a while, Blizzard's doing their lead up to WotLK with a world event. I guess it's meant to simulate the whole undead plague thing that wiped out Lordaeron and Stratholme and all that, because there are infected bugs and crates and rats running around the major cities and some of the major towns. If you get infected, you've got about a minute to get to an Argent Healer before you become a zombie. No big deal, right? Well how about if you're given the ability to explode and infect everyone and everything around you?

Basically people have been spending their time killing every questgiver and NPC they possibly can. The Stormwind AH was completely empty earlier tonight except for the 20 zombie corpses. Everything is fair game. Bankers, auctioneers, vendors, players, guards, you name it. It's pretty much self-perpetuating because NPCs become zombies and then pass it on to other players and NPCs and it's pretty much neverending. You become a zombie and any non-zombie players can kill you. It's a fucking griefing nightmare, but some people love it. It's a major pain in the ass. I'm gonna check Nath and see what it's like on there. Maybe heal some people with Kaelris!

It must have been "Bring your kid to work day" or some shit at Blizzard and someone's twit of a child thought it would be funny.

Unless i see something amazing on the forums i'm not even picking up WotLk.

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
Yeah I'm definitely thinking the thought process on this event went down shortly after naptime when all the 12 year olds at Blizzard had all their energy back. In any event, the zombie shit ended today. They claim it was supposed to all along, but they had TONS of complaints about it. In all fairness, there were lots of people who loved it too, and talked about how immersive and great it was. They could've probably done a few things to tweak it and make it less obnoxious, but it's over so w/e.

I haven't played the WotLK beta, but obviously it's gonna be more of the same from a raiding, PvP, questing, leveling standpoint. I'm sure there will be some cool new things to do, and maybe the siege engine combat will be cool. Death Knight's gonna be big, and what I've been reading about the questline is that it's amazing. A few of the game reviewers and writers I see talking about it are saying it's one of the coolest things they've ever seen done in an MMO. No idea what it is exactly, but they were amped about it. I guess it all depends on where you are in relation to WoW, how you're feeling about it, etc.

You ask how I feel about World of Warcraft right now.

I think I stepped in some on the way home from walking my dog.

A tyrant with an eccentric or nonconformist personality who is the leader of a counterculture that makes life a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparent irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future
Timefreak wrote:
You ask how I feel about World of Warcraft right now.

I think I stepped in some on the way home from walking my dog.

Rose petals? Crisp, colorful autumn leaves?

I had a blast during the "event"...guess it was all in what you make of it. The only problem I had was bliz giving in to the QQing and ending it early..
Corrupted wrote:
I had a blast during the "event"...guess it was all in what you make of it. The only problem I had was bliz giving in to the QQing and ending it early..

My main problem was that I was leveling at the time and it was annoying to have auctioneers and questgivers dead all the time. Not to mention they ran the event alongside Hallow's End and the Put Out The Fires daily, which were great, easy XP. You couldn't complete them with all the assholes deliberately fucking with you.

I was reading on the WoW forums about someone who was level 18 at the time and was followed outside Ratchet by someone who was close to becoming zombified. He deliberately got near her and burst to infect her for essentially no other reason than to be a complete asshole. So that's my main problem with it. But you're right, it's all in one's perspective.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em