WoW General

Even more WotLK info! Def Knights!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Yuber wrote:
LOTS of new information at the site since we last talked about it, so definitely check it out. I was browsing, and came across the new warlock talents. Check this one out. Anyone want to bet this gets nerfed to hell and back before release? Top tier Aff talent.

Cripple - Cripples the target, reducing movement speed by 75%, silencing the target. Cripple causes the target to be immune to physical attacks, but still vulnerable to spells. Lasts 20 sec. Only 1 target can be crippled at a time. (51 point, 1.5 sec cast, no cooldown)

20 SECONDS. You could run around and do anything you wanted to that target. And we're not talking about a priest whose burst spell is on a talented 6.5 second CD, we're talking about a warlock who can hit you with about 12 different dots and then tear you to shreds with SBs and/or Incinerates while you cover the map like a 90 year old paraplegic.

What? you didnt expect imbalance? Thats the only thing they are good at when it comes to class design....
Cripple looks like a counter to rogues. Sorry but a rogue is garanteed to asspwn a warlock every time. Please keep in mind that this expansion is in it's alpha phase. Given everything that blizz has delivered up to now, I'm sure it'll be a solid product.
Blizzard has an excellent sense of realism (in respect to idealism). Balance is boring in an MMO. They have no desire for imbalance. They just want to play a shell game so the minor imbalances sort of move around. While it causes alot of pain in whiny gamers, it keeps things fresh.

I actually wasn't complaining. I just saw the spell and was like, "Ha, yeah, THAT'S gonna make release!"

It's probably pretty tough to balance a game that's trying to give a lot of attention to both PvP and PvE. I don't really have too much of problem with it.

One of the Blizzard guys says WOTLK drops between October and December. And by "between October and December," he means January 2009.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53963

Seriously though, I say no way. Maybe December, but October? Not a chance.

They are just trying to FUD the Warhammer release I think.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em