WoW General

BlizzCon 2007 - WoW: Wrath of the Lich Bitch

So I was checking out IGN's BlizzCon coverage and Blizz has officially announced the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. I'll summarize some of the announcements, in order from most to least significant:

1.) Can mod hairstyles and dances - I'm coming back just for this!
2.) Will include the Death Knight hero class - Such a slippery slope... I hope they know what they're doing
3.) Siege weapons, and buildings that can be destroyed with those siege weapons - Cool.
4.) Inscription, a new profession, can permanently enhance character spells and abilities - Cool.
5.) Level cap raised to 80, new skills - Woot, more grinding. New skills are cool though.

Oh, and Jay Mohr is there. Was Chris Hardwick busy? LOL.

Full blow-by-blow here.

So they did a panel on PvP at Blizzcon. You can read the full text here:

PvP panel

Nothing very significant. Basically they have some ideas for improving the existing BG queues and balancing AV a little more to mitigate the Alliance advantage. Basically you might have the option of doing 5 on 5 or 20 on 20 BGs in the future. They also have some plans to punish AFKers with debuffs or some crap.

It occurred to me after reading this that Blizzard still doesn't quite get it. So we've had AV, WSG, and AB for a long time now. It's essentially the same thing over and over again. But new instances and raids pop up fairly frequently. Imagine if PvE was treated like PvP was.... You'd still be running BWL and MC, just with level 70 MOBs. PvP is still kind of the red-headed stepchild.

Oh, and Wrath of the Lich King (WotLK) was playable. I know this is going to come as a major surprise, but the highlight was the new 5-man instance in Howling Fjord, .

I might be crazy, but it almost looks like it's getting a slight graphical upgrade. There was a shot of a Stormwind-style inn building against the backdrop of this huge citadel looking thing, and it was gorgeous.

i wanna be a death knight

DarthBLu hehe
I'm sure it's gonna be incredibly sweet, but I can just imagine all the stuff you have to do to unlock it.

Well if you plan to play it you better reup and get to 70 now. I may soon. Pay for me Mike :P

Well if the amount of time between announcement and release for Burning Crusade is any indication, I've got about a year and a half to get to 70, .

Are you seriously going to start playing again?

Maybe.

We could revive the Redridge Riders Gank Squad, .

Yuber wrote:
We could revive the Redridge Riders Gank Squad, .

That'd make it worth atleast 1 month of reactivation.

Yeah, it definitely would. Running around Alliance territory was the most fun I had in the game.

But Douchirac or Skilladin? Douchi would be more fun I think. He can throw farther. But he's further from 70.

Good question. Skill would be like Thida, but not as good. Decide fool.

That's right, Skilladin would be like Thida, except he'd actually heal and not park his ass in Shadowform all the time when his phenomenally skilled partner is near death. He also wouldn't fall off the roof of the Redridge Inn all the time. But other than that, yeah they'd be the same, .

Keep checking back for my sig! I'll update it with my choice when I make a decision.

P.S. How do you keep a noob in suspense? See above, .

Well here goes. Think I am going to reactivate now.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em