58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Spanish
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12
Netgrue wrote:
Class advantages:

1. Navy have access to the largest warships. The biggest ships are navy only. It is like a warrior only sword in any fantasy game.

This is one of the biggest reasons I want to be French. And barring that, Spanish or English.

Go here: http://www.burningsea.com/explore/library/ship-guide/

Scroll down to the bottom of the list at the left and choose "104 Gun." It's modeled after the HMS Victory, which is the ship Admiral Nelson used when he kicked ass at Trafalgar. It's a monster. Evidently the biggest ship in the game at this point.

We have to be a big country! Ain't no pirate can afford that thing, and I need to compensate for my tiny manhood.

No seriously though, look at this thing:

Forum Image

You're misguided. I've read the same and went seeking answers. While Navy are the only ones who can purcahse Ships of the Line Pirates can CAPTURE them. Think about it, what better than to steal some pricks pride and glory right from under his nose. Not to mention, how about having more than one of them? wink

Ships of the Line will be rare, monumental to produce and very expensive to obtain. A decent pirate on the other hand can just up and take one. Though from what else I've read, the 104 gun will be rare along the lines of Rag's eye (poor emi).

Well, considering the fact that it's both rare and incredibly well-armed, I'm imagining it'll be extremely difficult to capture. Add to that the fact that's it's permadeath after it's captured due to the durability taking a huge hit. So if it's easy to capture, then it's probably easy to kill, which means you won't have it long after it's captured.

And I actually have no problem with it being rare if it's at least incumbent upon ME to get the stuff for it and not based on some retardedly rare random drop in some six hour 40-man dungeon. Make it like the top tier starships in SWG where you needed a ton of experience and a ton of materials and money to build and fly it. Sure, you still needed a Shipwright to build it, but the burden was mostly on you to spend the time and money.

There's the YT-1300 kind of rare and the .001% drop from Illidan rare. I'm hoping the PotBS devs get it right.

We don't need that we have <-----

YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!

:evil:

Is that better?

French for life.

Oh. My. God.

I love you! Post more plz!

French ftw!

I'd consider going Brit if people make a STRONG case for wanting to play merchants. Other than that it's pirate all the way.

FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!

I say we re-poll close rot release date. Maybe more than Yuber and I will come to their senses by then.

Apo

FRENCH!!!

Yeah Apo, and even if they don't, I might offer people cash to change their minds, .

I really do think we should keep things up in the air until we know a lot more. Off the bat it sounds like there are limitations with ships and merchanting if we go Pirate. On the other hand, maybe there are other things that balance that out.

I wish the website was more fleshed out.

Chat
You must be logged in to chat.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em